IBPS (Institue of banking personnel selection) is an autonomus body which is responsible for the condution of all public sector banks examination except SBI. IBPS recently releases its exam calender for year 2020-21. Last year around thousands of students appear for IBPS PO examination which shows the reputation of banking jobs in Indian community. It’s not just the salary which is the main factor but other factors as well such as good health facility, time to time salary increment, fast promotions etc.
IBPS PO 2020 NOTIFICATION | IBPS PO 2020 Exam Date | IBPS PO Exam Pattern | IBPS PO 2020 Syllabus
IBPS PO 2020 notification is most likely to be released on August. Students have to fill their Name, Father’s name(as per your 10th marksheet), Education Qualification, Number of participating banks and your category wise reservation(if you comes under reserve category).
IBPS PO 2020 Important Dates | Notification Date | Admit Card Date | Exam Date | Result Date
|IBPS PO 2020 Official Notification Release Date||1st Week of August 2020|
|Online Registration Starts From (Modification, Online Payment)||August 2020|
|Online Registration Ends On||August 2020|
|Released of Call Letters for Pre-Exam Training||September 2020|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||September 2020|
|IBPS PO 2020 Preliminary Admit Card Release Date||September 2020|
|IBPS PO 2020 Preliminary Exam Date||3rd, 4th & 10th October 2020|
|IBPS PO 2020 Preliminary Result Date||October 2020|
|IBPS PO 2020 Mains Exam Date||28th November 2020|
|IBPS PO Mains Result Date||December 2020|
|Conduct of Interviews||January-February 2021|
|IBPS PO 2020 Provisional Allotment||1st April 2021|
IBPS PO 2020 EXAM HIGHLIGHTS:
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking personnel selection-Probationary officers exam|
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualification: Graduate from a recognised university
Age Limit: 20 years-30 years as on August 1,2020
|Exam Mode||CBT(computer based test)|
|IBPS PO salary||INR 37,500-INR 39000|
|IBPS PO help Desk||1800222366 / 18001034566|
|Duration of Exam||Pre: 1 hour
Mains: 3 hours 30 minutes
|Exam Type||All India|
IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates, intending to apply for IBPS PO 2020 should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility
criteria specified by IBPS.
A candidate must be either-
- A Citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Minimum: 20 years
Maximum: 30 years
Category Age relaxation
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe- 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)- 3 years
- Persons With Benchmark Disabilities as defined under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”-10 years
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment- 5 years
- Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989- 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots- 5 years
- The relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted.
- The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates and Economically Weaker (EWS) Category Candidates.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ along with photocopies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Organisation(s).
- In case of an Ex-servicemen who has once joined in a Govt. job on the civil side after availing the benefits given to him as an Ex-servicemen for his re-employment, his Ex-servicemen status for the purpose of re-employment in Government ceases.
There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officers’ Cadre.
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he/she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
- All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India Proper document from Board / University has to be submitted at the time of interview. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University / Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute and web based certificate is issued then proper document/certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA/OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks (in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any) multiplied by 100. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern or Guidelines
The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
- Preliminary Examination
|Sr. No||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test(Separately timed)|
|1||English Language||30||30||English||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English & Hindi||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||English & Hindi||20 minutes|
|TOTAL||100||100||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS.
Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
- Main Examination
|Sr. No||Name of Tests(Not in Sequence)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test(Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|2||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|TOTAL||155||200||English & Hindi||3 Hours|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 Minutes|
IBPS reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through its authorised website. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letters from the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in
Exam Day Guidelines (Important information for students):
Candidates will not be permitted to appear for the Online Preliminary as well as Online Main
Examination without the following documents:
- Valid Call Letter for the respective date and session of Examination.
- Photo-identity proof (as specified) in original bearing the same name as it appears on the call letter/application form.
- Photocopy of photo-identity proof as mentioned in above points.
Candidates reporting late i.e. after the reporting time specified on the call letter for Examination will not be permitted to take the examination.
The reporting time mentioned on the call letter is prior to the Start time of the test. Though the duration of the Online Preliminary examination is 1 hour, candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 2 hours or more including the time required for completion of various formalities such as verification and collection of various requisite documents, logging in, giving of instructions etc.
For the Online Main examination the duration of the examination is 3 hours 30 minutes, candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 4 hours or more including the time required for completion of various formalities such as verification and collection of various requisite documents, logging in, giving of instructions etc.
Penalty for Wrong Answers(Applicable to both– Online Preliminary and Online Main examination):
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
HOW TO APPLY FOR IBPS PO 2020:
Candidates can apply online and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should—
- scan their:
– photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
– left thumb impression (If a candidate is not having left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb. If both thumbs are missing, the impression of one of the fingers of the left hand starting from the forefinger should be taken. If there are no fingers on the left hand, the impression of one of the fingers of the right hand starting from the forefinger should be taken. If no fingers are available, the impression of left toe may be taken. In all such cases where left thumb impression is not uploaded, the candidate should specify in the uploaded document the name of finger and the specification of left/right hand or toe).
– a hand written declaration (text given below) (In case of candidates who cannot write may get the text of declaration typed and put their left hand thumb impression below the typed declaration and upload the document as per specifications).Ensuring that the all these scanned documents adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure III to this Advertisement.
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
- The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged.
- The text for the hand written declaration is as follows–
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- The above mentioned hand written declaration has to be in the candidate’s hand writing and in English only. If it is written by anybody else or in any other language, the application will be considered as invalid.
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges.
- have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the declaration of results of this round of CRP. IBPSmay send intimation to download call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
IBPS PO Examination Fees:
– Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWBD candidates.
– Rs. 600 /- for all others
Mode of Payment:
Candidates should make the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only.
IBPS PO 2020 Examination Syllabus:
● Profit and Loss
● Mixtures and Alligations
● Simple and Compound Interest
● Surds and Indices
● Work and Time Equations
● Time and Distance Equations
● Mensuration: Cylinder, Cone, Sphere and Cuboid
● Data Interpretation
● Ratio And Proportion
● Number Systems
● Series and Sequences
● Permutation and Combination
● Measures of Central Tendency and Variation
● Logical Reasoning
● Alphanumeric Series
● Alphabet Combination
● Data Sufficiency Tests
● Coded Inequalities
● Seating Arrangements
● Picture Series Puzzles
● Coding and Decoding
● Assertion and Reason
● Statement, Argument and Assumption
● Word Formation
● Reading Comprehension
● Paragraph Jumbles
● (Fill in the blanks)/Cloze Test
● Error Detection
● Multiple Meanings(Contextual Usage)
● Paragraph and passage completion
● Financial Knowledge
● Basic Economics
● Current Events of National and International Importance with focus on financial news
● General Knowledge on various topics of importance to financial institutions
● Current affairs related to national and international issues of last 6 months
● History of Indian banking system
● Overview of Indian Financial System
● Recent credit and monetary policies
● Introduction to National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc and of International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN etc.
● Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
● Banking Terms
● Important Government Schemes on capital & money market
● Basics of Hardware and software
● Windows operating system basics
● Internet terms and services
● Keyboard Shortcuts
● Computer Related Terms, Abbreviations and Computer Fundamentals
● Microsoft Office and Related Word Processing and Spreadsheet Applications
● Computer Hardware and Software
● Operating Systems and GUI Basics
● Basic Computer Networking
● Basic Functionalities of MS-Office (MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
● History of computers
● Networking and communication
● Database basics
● Basics of Hacking, Security Tools and Viruses
FOR MORE DETAILED NOTIFICATION OF ALL GOVERNMENT JOBS 2020, SARKARI JOB, SARKARI NAUKARI, FREE JOB ALERT 2020, LATEST GOVT JOBS, SARKARI JOBS 2020, RAILWAY JOBS,SBI BANK JOBS, ARMY JOBS ETC, IBPS PO 2020, IBPS CLERK 2020 NOTIFICATION.
BOOKMARK OUR WEBSITE OR VISIT DAILY FOR LATEST UPDATES